Everyone Needs To Know
"...Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures"1 Corinthians 15:3
What Does This Mean?
1. We have a Saviour- "Christ"
Luke 2:11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.
2. We have a Sacrifice- "Died"
Rom 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
3. We have a Substitute - "For"
Gal 1:4 Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father:
4. We have Sin - "Our Sins"
1 John 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
5. We have Sriptures - "According to the Scriptures"
John 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.You may already know these truths but they must be applied to your heart for them to work. You are not saved through your education or your mind. Neither are you saved through your good works. According to the Word of God no one has works good enough to please of God - Psalm 14:2-3 "The LORD looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, and seek God. They are all gone aside, they are all together become filthy: there is none that doeth good, no, not one." If you could be saved by your good works then Jesus died in vain. What must you do then?
To be saved you must:
1. Believe that you are indeed a sinner in the eyes of a Holy God.
2. That you are helpless and hopeless and that you can not save yourself.
3. That Christ died for your sins and that He was buried and He rose again from the dead.
4. Repent of your sins.
5. Call upon God to save you and submit yourself to Him as you receive Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour.
Mark 1:15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.
Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
If you read this message and received Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour please let us know. If you would like to know more please contact us.